.jpg) |
My life is filled with sisters.
I grew up with 5 sisters.
My daughters are sisters to each other.
And since last October we have had sister missionaries living with us.
I love it!
Sister Matley was with us for the first 7 months of her 18 month mission. That's a really long time considering every 6 weeks there is the possibility of being transferred to another area. We were happy to keep her! I love getting to know these amazing young women. Sometimes I just want to sit around and hang out with them but I know they are busy doing what good missionaries do--helping others come unto Christ. When it was finally time for Sister Matley to move on I set up a dinner appointment with them so I could have them to myself for a couple of hours. Ben was out of town and my kids were in bed so it was a fun girls night. |
.jpg) |
Sister Muirbrook has been with us for 5 months...we've pretty much adopted her into the family. t's pretty much going to stink when it's time for her to move on.
I wrote questions on slips of paper that I wanted them to answer. They covered all the things I wanted to know about them, their mission experience, random life things, etc. but never had the time to ask. |
.jpg) |
Sister Matley.
Not sure if she's a daughter or a sister to me but she has become family. The hardest part about having sister missionaries living with us is saying goodbye when they move on. |
.jpg) |
| We each had our own tub of ice cream. I was planning on splurging and eating the whole thing because normally I have to make myself put it away even though I want more. However, I did actually reach the point where I could eat no more and was unable to finish. Probably a good thing. |
A few fun facts about having sister missionaries stay with us:
They have their own schedule and they don't eat with us or join in on our family activities unless we specifically schedule with them.
They have their own food cupboard and fridge.
Rarely do meal times overlap. Occasionally we are in the kitchen at the same time but it's usually not a big deal.
They clean up their own space and are totally responsible for their room and bathroom.
They don't ever come down the hall to our bedroom/office/bathroom.
A lot of our conversations are as they are coming or going. Sometimes we get a chance to have longer chats and I always enjoy that.
They have their own car.
All of our girls love having them live with us.
They are amazingly devoted to missionary work. I love to see their enthusiasm for the gospel and their love for other people.
1 comment:
Cool the hear about how it's been with the sisters there, sounds like saying goodbye is the worst part!
Post a Comment