I was hoping for more dramatic pictures of the tornado damage but I haven't been down to where the worst areas are. They weren't letting people in unless absolutely necessary. All the gawkers were slowing up the clean-up. We were pretty much completely untouched by it. I did see several semi trucks on their side and a car sitting on top of another car. Basically there was no warning when this thing came through. One person said they looked out the window and saw a shed blow by and thought, "Wow, we better get to the basement." When they came back up a few minutes later their whole garage was gone. Ben went down to the worst hit area to help out with some friends and on one side of the street there was a house in ruins with people digging through the rubble trying to salvage what they could and on the other side of the street there was a guy mowing his lawn like nothing happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment