Wednesday, October 05, 2011

2nd Grade!

School started in August.  Katie was very excited to get going with 2nd grade.

A generous Auntie hooked her up with a nice new Hello Kitty backpack.


For the third year in a row I walked her to school on the first day.  Kind of a fun little tradition we've got going.

The night before, we went to school to meet her teacher and check out her classroom.  We could hardly get her to leave.  She kept reorganizing her desk and was all aflutter with anticipation.

The past two years I had made this cake as a back to school tradition. It takes all day to make and when I asked Katie about it she said she didn't really like it.  So we scrapped that tradition and went out for icecream instead.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amy, it all looks like fun! The girls are growing up so fast! I love Katie's haircut too - so cute! :) Love you all.