Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween 2012

After much delibaration and changing of minds we ended up with a piggy, a witch, and a ballerina-princess.



Ben and I never dress up but this year we decided to wear costumes to the church Halloween party.  
It was actually pretty fun. 



On Halloween night Katie took off with friends before we could catch a picture but we got Natalie and Annabelle to hold still long enough for a quick shot.

My parents came down and my Mom took the younger two out trick or treating. 

Ben stayed home and gave out candy.


Checking out her loot.

A much smaller haul but just as exciting.

I'd like to thank Pinterest for a successful Halloween.  I've never been very good at creative-crafty-holiday type things but I found some very simple ideas that turned out well and the kids loved.  First off, were these monster treats I took for Katie's Halloween party at school.
(Thank you Linley for the simplified filling idea.)

I was also in charge of the craft for Annabelle's Halloween class party.  Normally, this would have filled me with dread and fear.  But I found this idea on Pinterest for a cute little ghost from paper plates and streamers.  No problem.

Lastly, I saw this idea for Halloween dinner.  Hot dogs wrapped as mummies.  I also used an idea where I stuck two chocolate chips in half a banana to make a ghost.  The girls loved both of these and it was a great simple dinner because they were excited to get out and go trick-or-treating.

1 comment:

Linley said...

Those green eyeball monsters look GREAT! (And I'm honored by the blog shout-out) I'm glad they turned out so well! I don't think I told you how much fun it was to see you and Ben dressed up at the Halloween party. You looked groovy!