Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hodge Podge




I feel like I haven't posted in a while so here's a hodge podge of what's been going on.


Ben had a dental conference in San Francisco so I took the opportunity to go visit my long time friend and former BYU roommate, Hali who lives in Bakersfield, CA. We all flew together to Denver then split up there. It was my first time flying alone with the two girls but it worked out fine. Then on the way home we hooked up in Denver again so I only had a 2 hour flight alone with the girls each direction. Here's a pic of Katie and Hali's daughter Kenzi in their "princess hats."



Katie gets a check up by her favorite dentist.









Annabelle is all over the place! She's now pulling herself up and is happy to explore every nook and cranny in the house. Watch out world, here she comes!



The weather has turned chilly but apparently only Katie's ears have noticed. She put her hood on under her bike helmet but she insisted on wearing sandals with no socks.

This is what Ben and I typically carry with us downstairs to the TV room after we have the girls in bed. He always makes the popcorn and mmm mmm is it good.




I long ago accepted the fact that sometimes Katie doesn't just drift peacefully off to sleep even though we leave her all tucked in and cozy when we say good night. When I peeked in to check on her a couple hours later (after the popcorn, tamales, icecream, and ice water--fortunately the baby monitor was spared from our evening snacking) I found her rug moved to the doorway and this path of books leading to their basket. I wonder if the person who made this little road could provide any information on the mysterious photographs that keep showing up on our camera.







Daddy loves his girls!







2 comments:

Becky said...

This is hilarious. The computer screen shots are especially funny, though very well centered.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

little kenzi, how cute! and your dentist husband condones hot tamales on a regular basis? we haven't popped popcorn in a very long time....can't remember when.....cute baby standing on bookshelf!