This weekend we went to a place across the river in Illinois called Happy Hollows where you can pick your pumpkins. By "pick" they must mean "choose" because all the pumpkins were already off the vine and just laying in the field. Here is the one that Katie "picked."

My sister, Emily, came with us. We also picked (not just chose) a tomato, a few peppers and a zucchini.

Katie got brave enough to feed the goats they had there. Looks like one of them wants to take a nibble on her hair.

Despite all my other suggestions, Katie wanted to be a pumpkin for Halloween. I thought about trying to make a pumpkin costume but when I saw this T-shirt at Wally World for $4.88 (why do all the prices at Wal-Mart end in 88cents? and why is there no "cents" symbol on the keyboard?) I knew she would love it and then I wouldn't be over my head pretending that I know how to sew. We took both our pumpkins to our ward Halloween activity on Saturday. Katie didn't win in the costume contest but they had a jack-o-lantern contest and she won as the cutest.
Katie got brave enough to feed the goats they had there. Looks like one of them wants to take a nibble on her hair.
3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute!! I love your two little pumpkins. Looks like you are having a fun October.
You kids are soooo cute!
our pumpkin patch is just like that...already picked, you just choose...why is that? in DE, we got to actually cut the pumpkin off of the vine! I want answers!
Love the pumpkin shirt and i too get annoyed that there is no "cents" on the keyboard. I love wally world. Love the barn, too...i want a barn in my backyard.
Post a Comment