Friday, November 09, 2007

Birthday Fun

Here's our birthday girl...she's now 4 years old!
We went to the grocery store and I let her pick any cereal she wanted for breakfast on her birthday. That was a tradition in my family growing up...in case you can't tell, she picked Apple Jacks. I don't think she'd ever had it before. We had 4 pink balloons waiting for her.I made cake balls for her birthday celebration. She was nice enough to share one each with me and Ben (after some hinting and salivating at how good they looked). We could have gotten our own because there were more but I really didn't want her to eat all 4.

Here's me on my 4th birthday. I don't get a lot of comments about me and Katie looking alike but I think we do in these two pics...must be the puffy cheeks :)

Grandma and Grandpa Clove sent Katie a little noise maker in her birthday package with this suggestion:
So she tried it:
This is what happened: We took Katie to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. It was the first time I'd ever been there and I was impressed at how child friendly it was. Most of the games were at her height. She had a blast and we had fun helping her use up her tokens.

The next day we had a family celebration with the local DeVocht's. Grandpa D made her a pink pig cake as she requested. Click here to see last year's creation.

Aunts Emily and Megan joined in on the fun:

I was going to write something thoughtful describing Katie and all the things we love about her but I'm tired so these pics will have to do for today. We definitely love our sweet, hilarious, smartie 4-year-old!

3 comments:

Alice said...

That's hilarious...I love the pig cake.

Rachael M said...

I used to think Katie looked pretty much like Ben, but now I think she looks like a nice combo of the 2 of you. At any rate, she's super-cute, and what gorgeous hair!

I had thought maybe Katie's b-day was this week, but wasn't totally sure. At any rate, William and I sang all the Primary Happy Birthday songs "to her" on the correct day! (William loves all those songs, so I am constantly singing for everyone who's birthday I can think of-- he, of course, doesn't know the majority of them, but doesn't particularly care!)

...sorry for the long comment!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

it just ate my comment....love the birthday festivities! i can't believe you dad made a cake, how fun!