Sunday, November 04, 2007

Pretty Junk

After watching a few epidsodes of Trading Spaces and being inspired by my friend Hali and all her spray paint projects I got the creative itch to turn junk into treasure. I picked this wooden horse up at Goodwill for $2.88 (have they been talking with Wal-mart or what? What's up with the 88 cents? It seems like it should have only cost 25 cents but i guess inflation hits the second-hand industry as well). It had a scary yellow eye and a nappy mane both of which I pulled off. It sat in our garage collecting dust for 4 weeks while I waited for a day without wind. This is the final product:
Katie asked me what I was doing with the horse and my answer was that I was getting it all ready to send back to Goodwill. Yes, now that my spray painting need has been met I may just send this back into the neverending cycle of useless nick-nacks.

2 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i can't believe you bought such a thing without any intentions for it....spray paint it and send it back to goodwill? you gotta wait and see what they price it for...see if you "up-ed" its value...i love to spray paint things, i just did a black metal iron thing to silver

Amy said...

well, i thought i might use it as decor for Katie's room because she loves horses but there's not really a great spot for it...i'm holding on to it for now.