Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hawaii

Well, we survived. We even had fun if not a lot of rest. I think when all was said and done we travelled around 8000 miles. For the first time ever, Katie told me she didn't want to get back on the plane. I must say that both our girls did fabulous. We were on the go a lot so Annabelle caught her naps in the carseat, the backpack and even on the beach. Katie is at a great age for travel and she hung in there with us through it all. I'm looking forward to going back someday without the kiddos but this was a fun family trip. There are a few pictures I wanted to comment on and the rest I put in a little slide show. We took nearly 1000 pictures but I've selected just a few favorites to share.
This is my celebrity picture. Sunglasses, in motion, caught-off-guard look on my face, next to a hottie guy with palm trees in the background. Can't you picture this in People magazine or something?This was my big fun hat that I'd been saving for months to wear in Hawaii. Unfortunately, this was the first and last time I got to wear it. Right after this picture was taken it blew off my head and over the cliffs into the ocean. Katie was quite concerned that we were leaving it behind. She said, "But it will get wet when it rains."
Katie picked out this shell necklace at the swap meet. Why this particular one? It's pink, of course!
Ben's brother Brad and his family hosted us in Hawaii and showed us an awesome time. They were very gracious to let us stay with them, drive their car and to tour us all around the island. We enjoyed having Thanksgiving with them as well. Thanks again Brad, Sara, James and Ashley for the great time!
Not a bad way to celebrate my 31st birthday.



4 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

maybe someday we'll do hawaii...now i don't feel so crazy with over 1000 picts in Puerto Rico! Good girls on the plane!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a beautiful family shot at the end of the slideshow! you better get that blown up nice and big for your home (can you tell i'm a photographer)?

Rachael M said...

Whenever I see pictures of Hawaii, it just doesn't even look real to me! Hopefully some day I'll get to see all that perfection in person...

You obviously got a lot of great shots. I LOVE the girls in their movie starlet sunglasses. They look ever-so-sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful way to share a beautiful experience. Thanks for the slide show; the music gave a delightful atmosphere; I could almost feel the splash off the waves. The pictures were perfect; the girls looked very at home in the lush backdrops.