Wednesday, December 19, 2007

no sitting on heads

This morning while Katie was playing downstairs I laid out all of her clothes that I wanted to pack for our trip tomorrow. When Annabelle woke up I took her downstairs so we could play with Katie. Then I sent Katie upstairs to her room for sitting on Annabelle's head and making her cry. I asked if she was trying to play or be mean. She said, "Be mean." Hey, at least she was honest, right? Well, a few minutes later I went up to have a little talk about not sitting on heads. When I went into Katie's room she greeted me with a beaming smile and said, "Mom, I put all my clothes away!" Sure enough, the top of the dresser was completely empty. She was so proud of herself for cleaning her room that I didn't have the heart to tell her I had gotten the clothes out on purpose. However, she now knows that big girls don't sit on heads.

1 comment:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

what a cute girl...she knew she had been in trouble and wanted to please you:)