Sunday, September 14, 2008

so crafty

I've been in a crafty, creative mood lately. Here's what I've been up to:

This is a cross stitch to hang by our front door. I really loved the colors and it was the first time I'd used a darker cloth. I started this in the Spring and just finished a few weeks ago.Katie and I painted these little star pegs so we could display her artwork. We hung twine on them and then used mini-size clothes pins to hold up the papers.I love how she is holding her mouth in concentration.
I also took a second attempt at these cute little dolls. My first attempt a few months ago (see below) was so pathetic that I didn't even finish it. I was so excited that this one actually turned out. Click here to get the pattern and to watch the instructional video.

8 comments:

Emily said...

You have been crafty! Your projects look great. I am very impressed at your cross-stitch - I love to do that too, but never seem to finish one. Congratulations!! I also love the stars for Katie's artwork - way to go! :)

Becky said...

Cool projects, Amy. I really like the little dolls, and it's neat that Katie is so crafty too. I've been meaning to ask about why some of your photos will enlarge and others will not. Only one enlarged in this post. Is it the camera you use?

Amy said...

i'm not sure why only one enlarges. We do have two cameras but I'm pretty sure all of these were taken with the same one. I try to post the pictures big enough so that people won't need to enlarge. Were you trying to count my freckles or what?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay, you made another doll! I love it! What do your girls say about it? And I love your stars to hang the wall art...way to be crafty! I've never cross stitched before....

Becky said...

I guess I'm just used to seeing pictures that fit the whole screen since that's how I see mine. I always enlarge the photos on any blog I look at--you don't?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

i've had many a problems of the picture enlarging...i read that the code breaks up when you drag an image, so now I cut and paste my images in the html mode (do you remember me lamenting about this on my blog?) let me know if you have any ?S I've been wondering how your pregnancy is going....well I assume since you haven't posted otherwise. we need to plan for our roommate reunion excursion. to LA?
kj

Amy said...

i pretty much never enlarge a picture on someone's blog unless it's a big group of people or there is something specific I want to see close up.

Rachael M said...

Wow! Your projects are awesome. I also love the area you've got for the girls to play and create in.