Sunday, December 07, 2008

"It's that time of year...."

We pulled out the Christmas decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I use the word "we" loosely.

This was me "supervising" during the decking of the halls. I've been running fairly low on energy lately. (There's your pregnant shot, kj.)

I love how there are like 10 decorations on one branch and how all the gold balls ended up clustered together. Each time one of the girls takes a decoration off the tree I put it back on out of their reach so this glob is more spread out by now.

Fortunately, my girls wouldn't let me stay out of all the fun. They were excited about all the Christmas books and little Christmas-theme toys that we pulled out with the decorations.

See, I did participate eventually.

I know Ben has some creative plan for cropping this picture but I liked it as is: Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season!

8 comments:

Alice said...

I don't even know how I missed you're pregnant, but I just got your lovely Christmas card:) Congratulations! You look so cute!

Emily said...

You have such a beautiful home! It looks like it would be a fun place to spend the holidays together. The girls are sure cute too - Russell does the same thing with the decorations too; all in clusters! :) Must be a kid thing! Love you all!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

yay, thank you! I knew you'd respond to my request:) I love that recliner, where is that from? I am shopping around for one such chair....did Ben to go Jerusalem? That is my exact nativiy, looks beautiful, and so do you! Your face still stays thin, you are lucky.

Amy said...

the chair is from a local non-chain furniture store but I think it's a Flexsteel which is a common brand. I like it because when it's closed it doesn't look obviously like a recliner. Yes, Ben went to Jerusalem, thus the Nativity set. He was there a couple years before you. I am starting to feel some of the pregnancy puffiness (or could it be holiday treat puffiness?) but thanks.

Rachael M said...

I love that first picture of Annabelle-- so darling!

Your house looks so beautiful and ready for the holidays.

I, too, think you're still looking great-- young, lovely, and just a little pregnant! (Although I know you are more than "a little bit" pregnant, hopefully you know what I mean... :) )

Do you exercise throughout your pregnancy or just have good genes on your side? I am not having such a good time with my second pregnancy, and feel too tired, but maybe I would look as good as you if I tried!

Amy said...

i don't really exercise while i'm pregnant. I have gained 30+ pounds already with a month to go so don't worry, there will be plenty left after the baby comes. :)

Kerri said...

Great blog Amy! I enjoyed catching with you guys, online anyway. I tried you're cake balls and will have them tonight for our treat after Family Home Evening. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl? I saw your post about the matching clothing, Hartstrings has matching from 0-3 months to size 14 girls. We have an outlet here so it's not so pricey,everything 30-70% off. Don't know if you have outlet malls by you or not...Have a Merry Christmas. P.S. We have the same nativity too!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'll just echo what the other girls said: you look great. I wish I could make pregnancy look so fabulous!!

Not only do you look fabulous but so does your home!!

And I love the picture of you reading to the girls. : )