Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crock Pot Heaven

Someday my ideal would be to never use a mix or any processed food and do everything totally from scratch. But since I am not living that ideal I can definitely find some wiggle room for this cake. I was going take a picture for you but I wasn't fast enough. Serve it up warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you will find yourself in a very happy place. mmmm
Slow-Cooker Chocolate Chip Pudding Cake
1 devil's food cake mix
1 pkg chocolate pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup water
1 cup chocolate chips
Place the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, vanilla, and water in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended, 30 seconds. Stop mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl. Mix at medium speed until well blended, 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Mist the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker with vegetable cooking oil spray. Transfer the batter to the cooker and cover it. Cook until the cake is quite puffed in the center and begins to pull away from the side of the cooker, 3 1/2 hours on high or 6 1/2-7 hours on low heat. Spoon warm cake into serving bowls. Don't forget the vanilla icecream!

3 comments:

kira said...

yum. That sounds delish!

Emily said...

wow - I have to be honest, I have never heard of baking a cake in the crock pot! I will have to try it! :) Sounds good.

Emily said...

I would give it 5 stars! I tried it!! :) We had it for an afternoon treat. Thanks for the recipe - I am happy that you share. :)