"I was ... musing over the inflexible independence of Time. ...Men invariably need more of less of it but cannot command it to be still or bid it go faster. Time proceeds as it will and will not be bridged or created."
"Indeed? ... As for [time's] 'inflexible independence,' that is a matter of perspective; is it not, sir?"
"What can you mean? Sixty minutes always equals one hour!"
"Yes, sir. But an hour with the toothache is an eternity; whereas an hour with one's beloved is as a moment gone. ... No, I believe Time if perfectly flexible if we have the wit or nerve to mold it to our use."
All I know is that my hours, days, weeks, and months are zipping along faster than I ever thought possible. My babies are growing like weeds and their childhoods (childrenhood?) are turning into one big blur for me. Maybe I should get a toothache and slow things down.
Random picture just cuz I love those big baby blues:
4 comments:
What a cute girl! :)
Yes, I feel like time is just FLYING by. Some days it feels like I have a toothache, as you put it, but most weeks are over much faster than I would have expected. I'm not complaining too much though because I am eager for these last 9 weeks to go by. I love Annabelle's big blue eyes!
I so love that picture of Annabelle! Oh by the way happy birhtday Amy!
I really enjoyed those books. Did you read all three?
Post a Comment