Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

I promised myself I wouldn't stay up late blogging so I'm going to be super quick and unclever about labeling these pictures:

The little basket that Natalie is holding is one that I used as a little girl. I love how Annabelle is looking at Natalie's basket.Here I am with that same basket. I'm on the far left, my sister Nancy in the middle, my brother Neil on the right. Wonder why my eyes are shut so tight.These girls have the best imaginations. They pretended that the pieces of tissue paper from their basket were towels and they were at the beach.This is the first time I've used the self timer on the camera. I'll have to remember to do that more often.My Mom used to make these orange bunny rolls every Easter. I was too lazy/busy whatever to make all of them as bunnies so I made one family of bunnies for us and made the rest as regular rolls. Katie thought this was a bunny head and the ball was its nose but it's actually supposed to be the backside of a bunny and the ball is its tail.
The girls cleverly used the shovels from their Easter baskets/pails to pick up the eggs they found.
No matchy matchy this year but they are still looking cute as can be.We had my parents and my very chic youngest sister Jenny over for dinner. Natalie kept trying to pick pocket my Dad.Carrot cake for dessert. Katie informed me that the green parts are too fat which I agree with. It still tasted yummy. Even Ben who is a chocolate fanatic and thinks it is blasphemy to include vegetables in a dessert thought it was mighty tasty.It stormed throughout the evening including hail. Check it out!


We had a wonderful day as a family. Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Easter!! Thanks for sharing the cute pictures of your very cute girls. And way to go with the orange rolls. I still haven't attempted them but maybe by next year I'll stop talking about it and actually do it. Natalie is looking so much older, I'm afraid I'll hardly know her when I see her this summer!!

Emily said...

Katie looks like Pippi Longstocking in the picture of all the girls. I love seeing how much the girls are growing. They are are so cute!

Emily said...

Looks like a Happy Easter! I love the cake and pictures of the girls ready for church. They are all getting so grown up! Your table looks lovely too - looks like a good time. :)

Kristy said...

Those bunny rolls look so yummy! I'll have to get the recipe from Becky sometime. Also, we got the same hail storm last night here in Chicago and that hail destroyed all my spring flowers:( Glad your girls had a wonderful Easter!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, vintage basket--cool to have both pictures. way to use the self timer, i love a casual family pic. And I love your green hutch. I am in the middle of painting our tv armoire about the same color.