Sunday, April 25, 2010

Road Trip!

My sister Becky and her husband and two kids are moving from Utah to Indiana this summer. My youngest sister Jenny and I drove over to check out some housing for them. We had SO MUCH FUN!On the drive we talked, laughed, listened to music and had a total blast. In fact, my cheeks and face hurt from laughing and talking so much. Our topics of conversation included embracing the skinny jean, finding true love, and flat vs. round hineys. You can tell we had a good time. Jenny was 5 years old when I left home for college so I was only in and out during her growing up years. She's 20 now. It was really fun to spend some time together and connect with her. She's fabulous....and hilarious. This isn't necessarily the best picture but I loved all the trees Indiana. It still felt like the Midwest, just a little more lush and wooded than Iowa.Here we are waiting outside in the rainy drizzle for a table at a fun Mexican place called Pepes. It had a great atmosphere and yummy food. You know you're having fun if there's a sombrero involved. This was supposed to be for people having a birthday. They would put it on you and sing to you. Our waitress walked by carrying it and I asked if we could use it to take a quick picture.We did some shopping at the mall--you can't have a girls trip without that. What do you think of my new look? Jenny came away with 3 shirts and I came away with nothing. I don't like clothes shopping because that's what always happens to me. I spend 2 hours trying on clothes and come up with nada. Looking at this picture it's probably a good thing that nothing came home with me.I loved finding these random pictures of Jenny and her feet on my camera after I got home.Thanks Jenny for a rockin' fun trip!!! I'm so blessed that you are my sister and friend.
dead duck in the parking lot
that's totally legit
let me orient myself
here's a very fragrant blossom
Napolean Dynamite quotes
knight in Shining Armor
calzone
country songs that make you cry
McDonald's sundaes
I'm so excited I can hardly talk
Is that a dead animal or your broccoli?

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like and looks like you had a good trip! That is so wonderful that you guys are so close and enjoy each other so much. Did you find a place for your sis? When does she come out? That is exciting! :)

J said...

Ha Ha. I have a sister who is a H. S. senior and so I can relate. She loves to take pictures of herself with my camera and she is so cute I don't mind.

Daniel said...

It's me, Becky, but as I told you on the phone, I'm glad you two had such a blast! I'm just jealous I didn't get to come along too just for the socializing part. I like the pictures of the green trees ... I'm getting more excited by the day for our big move to a new place!!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, what a fun adventure with your little sister! how fun to get to know the older version of you, that makes you sound kinda old that she was 5 when you left the house! i love her feet shot that you discovered:)