Tuesday, May 04, 2010

For Melanie

My friend asked me for this recipe a long time ago. I finally got around to typing it up and decided to post it here since it is so scrumptious.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract (I love the almond!)
4 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted

1. Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the cocoa powder, extract, and confectioners' sugar and blend with the mixer on low speed until the ingredients are moistened, 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the frosting is fluffy, 2 minutes more.

2. Use at once to frost the top and sides of the cake of your choice. Makes 4 cups, enough to frost a 2 or 3 layer cake.

Enjoy!

I have a couple more recipes to share--we'll see if I get to them.

1 comment:

Keele Family said...

Thanks Amy!!! You're the best! I have been dreaming about this frosting since you made it and can't wait to make it myself!!! -Melanie :)