Wednesday, February 02, 2011

SNOW!

We had a light dusting of snow last night.
Come on in! If you can.
Notice the imprints from the door in the snow.
Drifts in the back yard were as high as the fence.  It looks like a frozen wave.
This is our covered, screened in porch.  It took some kind of crazy wind to get all that snow in there.

Don't go into shock but I actually did some snow blowing today.  Ben always takes care of the lawn and and the snow removal.  I think I mowed part of a lawn in highschool once but that's about the extent of my mowing or blowing experience.

He gave me a little tutorial on how to use the blower and then let me loose on the major drift in our driveway.
(Notice the drift in the driveway across the street.  Ours wasn't quite that bad.)
I know I look slightly distressed but I was actually enjoying myself.  It just took a lot of umph to get that thing to move in the snow.  And yes, the fresh air was awesome.  Usually it takes Ben 15-20 minutes to snow blow the driveway and sidewalks.  With both of us working today (we traded off between the shovel and the snow blower) it took us 2 hours to dig out from all this snow!

5 comments:

Alice said...

so exciting. we have such boring weather here.

Emily said...

Wow!!! That actually looks like lots of fun! :) Love the pictures!

kira said...

Holy cow. I can't believe that snow! It sure doesn't look like the Iowa I remember. Way to be brave and try the snow blower - thank goodness you have one. Seems like it may have taken a year to dig out with just a shovel!

Becky said...

What a crazy load of snow!!!!!!!!! Did you really get out of mowing the lawn in high school? Somehow the three of us in the middle got hit hard with that chore ... Emily will still moan if you just mention the word mow. Thanks for all the photos, it's cool to see all the drifts and the snow blowing in action.

Laura said...

Holy smokes!!! What a crazy snow storm!! Don't you just LOVE having a warm house to stay in on days like that. We had a day 2 weeks ago with -35 degrees with wind chill and I think I prayed many times how grateful I was for a warm house and functioning heater!! :)

I'm impressed you did the driveway, you hot mama!!!