Sunday, September 28, 2014

WWW: Well Worth Watching!

This one hit very close to home for me.
I love my to-do list.
Love to feel productive.
Love to have my day neat and tidy and get lots of stuff done.
I have a mental plan of what the perfect schedule would be with no bumps or surprises.
Not that it ever really goes that way but I want it to and feel frustrated when it doesn't.
I'm starting to realize that I want my focus to be on people and relationships and not just tasks and checking things off the list. There's always stuff that needs to be done but I'm learning to very carefully prioritize and then be flexible.  There's a quote from President Monson that says,
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." 
 I could adapt that to myself and say,
"Never let a task to be done become more important than a person to be loved."

No comments: