So today was the first ultrasound of mini Clove. Everything looks good and I got to seem him/her wiggling around and waving hello (bottom pic).It always cracks me up how they use fruit to describe the size of the "fruit" of the womb. We've gone from kumquat, to fig and have arrived at a 12 week lime. Next week we'll have a jumbo shrimp (okay that's not a fruit), then on to a lemon, avacado, onion, sweet potato and so on. These are actual descriptions I've read...I'm not making these up on my own. I haven't looked ahead this far but I wonder what week they start describing the watermelon in your belly :) I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a fig....I just imagine a fig Newton and figure it's got to be close to that. Even though I laugh at the use of the fruit descriptions I guess I can't come up with anything better: quarter, ping pong ball, baseball, candy bar, bar of soap...they just don't have the same ring as "kumquat" do they?
No comments:
Post a Comment