OK, i've always known that it wouldn't be good for me to ever have a video monitor for my child's room because i'd be too obsessed with watching every rollover and binky search during the night. Well, now I'm wondering if it would be a good idea (I'm not really considering it). The other night I got up to go to the bathroom at 4a.m. and thought I'd just peek in on my precious sleeping little one. Well, when I opened the door I found her fully awake sitting in the rocking chair holding her stuffed horse (this is one of those stuffed animals that's going to be around until it just disingrates with wear). I asked her if she wanted to lay down and go to sleep...silly question at 4a.m., right? She resisted all my encouragement so i just left her and the horse sitting there. I assume she made it back to bed sometime but who really knows. (note: this pic was taken during the day and she's not really sleeping)


Two phrases have been heard around the house a lot lately:
(1) "I can do it!" (variation: "I can do it by myself!")
(2) "I did it!"
If phrase #2 does not quickly follow phrase #1 then usually we hear a wail of frustration. If there is too much parental inteference between phrase #1 and phrase #2 then we hear phrase #1 repeated over and over until total independence is regained. One or both of these phrases have been known to be heard in relation to the following: taking of pjs off in the morning, putting on pants on in the morning, buckling the carseat, getting water from the fridge, putting a barette in the hair, unlocking the car, putting in and taking out DVDs or VHS tapes, turning the water on and off, taking shoes off and putting them on...you get the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment