Here's a sampling of what I've been up to. First of all, the ever addictive cake balls. More elegantly referred to as cake truffles or Halloween bites. I've actually laid awake at night thinking about these little guys. Not so much eating them although, yes they are scrumptious, but coming up with new flavor combinations and decorative toppings. The ones in white are carrot cake dipped in white chocolate and dusted with nutmeg. The others are chocolate cake dipped in chocolate with Halloween sprinkles.
These are the wontons I fried for Won Ton Chicken Salad. My friend, Hali made it for me when we were visiting her last month. I forgot to get the recipe so I found a similar one on my favorite recipe website.
I wish I would have taken more pictures but it's hard to think to stop and take a shot when flour and grease are flying everywhere and you are trying to follow along a new recipe. Some other fun things I've made lately:
Apple crumb pie--not a new recipe but I figure you have to make at least one apple pie in the fall. I'm still not great at crusts but it turned out okay.
Easy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
I really had fun making this Asian food! I've only done the occasional stir-fry so this was really going out on a limb for me. It turned out most delicious and gave me confidence to try more like this in the future.
Clone of a cinnabon--my dough didn't raise for some reason so even though they were yummy i need to try it again sometime for better texture.
Let me know if you decide to try any of these...I changed a few things and found a few hints in the reader's reviews that really made a difference...especially with the cake balls.
2 comments:
I'm going to have to try out those cake balls. Another great recipe sight is epicurious.com
THis is cool, I want to make the halloween bites! tyler's bday is thursday and i wanted to do cupcakes to take to school, but maybe i will do this!
Post a Comment