Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In one ear...

This morning I told Katie that as soon as Annabelle's show was over it would be time to turn off the computer game so we could go to the store. (i know, i know, tv and computer games going at the same time...i plan it that way...we call it, techno hour....or sometimes, techno day.)

This is how it went:

When Annabelle's show is finished you need to turn off the game so we can go to the store.
ok.
You can play until her show stops and then I need to you to come right up so we can go to the store.
ok.
So when you see that her show is over, turn the game right off and come upstairs so we can go to the store.
ok.


The show ends and Katie continues to play her game. I call down to her that she needs to turn it off and come up so we can go to the store. After much stalling she finally turns it off and comes upstairs. The conversation continues:


Go potty and then get some socks on so we can go to the store. I'm going to put Annabelle in her carseat.
ok.
So after you go potty, find some socks or you can just wear sandals if you want while we go to the store.
ok.
So I'll meet you in the car in just a minute so we can go to the store.
ok.


I put Annabelle in her carseat and wait for Katie....and wait...and wait...and wait.
Finally, I go to see what is taking her so long. She is playing in her room.


Did you go to the bathroom?
yes.
Ok, get some socks so we can go.
Where are we going?


I just had to laugh because she was genuinely surprised that we were going somewhere.

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a funny story! Daniel and I were wondering if you only laughed when Katie still wasn't ready :)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that is cute...i need to remember to document cute exchanges like this

Amy said...

although there are times that her sloth-like behavior tests my patience, I was truly amused this time. i think it's harder to be patient when we are trying to get somewhere on time but we weren't in any hurry so it wasn't a big deal.

Megan DeVocht said...

I think this is funny :) I think that I even do this kind of thing sometime. Not really listening, it's funny. When I saw the "elders" I thought, What?!? Why are they blogging?" It was pretty funny. And yes, yesterday was a fabulous day! I am very happy! :)

Rachael M said...

This creacks me up! Katie is too cute.