Tuesday, May 27, 2008

snack time

Katie asked me for a snack today but it was close to lunch so I told her just to wait. What 4-year-old wants to wait for anything so of course then she started negotiating:

"Just a couple of almonds."
"No, we'll eat lunch in a few minutes."
"How about a few prunes then?"

How do you say no to almonds and prunes? Really, it was laziness on my part...I just didn't want to go get them for her. So, should I be happy that my child is begging me for prunes or have I somehow deprived her of the childhood joy of twinkies and Kool-aid?

2 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

buy the girl some twinkies! really, she asked for prunes? do you have them on hand? i don't think my kids have ever heard of them. I did just print out some fake dollar bills to start a program with my kids for snacks. They always want something! Fruit and veggies are free, but pretzels and goldfish, etc will be $1 while cookies are $2 they only get so much $$$ per week. Still working out the kinks....

Amy said...

how much would prunes cost? yes, we snack on them.