Can you see the typo in this bottle of BBQ sauce we got? Sometimes I'm shocked to see typos by professionals. Didn't they use spell check? Did someone lose their job over this? Actually, I looked it up and "gilling" is a word. It means:
to become entangled in a gill net. What is a gill net you ask? It is:
a flat net suspended vertically in the water with meshes that allow the head of a fish to pass but entangle the gills upon withdrawal.
Who knew?
3 comments:
i agree...linda said she saw lots of typos in a book she was reading and just couldn't enjoy it b/c of her baffled state.
What an academic you are...to look up the real meaning of gilling!! Yes, I catch all typo's too. It's so crazy how everything made in foreign places is so messed up!! Half the time, I can't decode instructions for my son's toys!!
I often wonder, "Who is the 'editor' here?" Is someone getting paid to miss mistakes like this? Online articles for reputable publications are often just as bad. Maybe everyone is in too much of a hurry to care any more?
Post a Comment