If I don't hurry up it'll be Katie's next birthday before I get this one blogged. Can't believe she is 6!!
Here she is at breakfast. She had Cookie Crisp cereal, drank chocolate milk, and had 6 Halloween treats that she had set aside to have on her birthday. What a way to start the day! I suggested she eat something healthy too like an egg or a banana but she said, "No way! I'm going to eat treats
all day!"
I made cupcakes to take to her class. pink-pink-pink. The strawberry whoppers I used on top weren't as bright pink as I was expecting but I used them anway.
(For once I would have been happy with a little more artificial coloring!)
Katie was
very excited to have me come for snack time. Because they get out an hour early on Mondays, snack is in the morning. I'm sure these sugar bombs are just what the kids needed at 10:00 a.m.
(I had one too and came home and laid on the couch in a sugar coma for almost an hour.)If you know Katie well you will notice her hands shaking in this picture. She does that when she's excited.
Ben went and had lunch with her an hour after snack (no pictures). It was fun for both of us to visit her at school on her birthday.
That night we met my parents at Chuck E. Cheese. We went there 2 years ago for Katie's 4th birthday and she requested it again.
(If you go to Chuck E. Cheese you have to get coupons from their website. You have to give them your e-mail address but it's totally worth it. We spent $20 for what would have cost $40. cha-ching.)

Annabelle
loved putting the tokens in. She asked every time if she was putting it in the right place. See her pointing here.
Inserting token.

Katie and Grampa D battling it out at air hockey.
7 comments:
I love those cupcakes! Joey's school won't let us bring snacks that aren't store bought, doesn't that just stink!
Happy Birthday young Katie!
Thanks for the Chuck E tip. Great cake by your dad...weird they are out and hour early on a Monday.
Have you read Pinkalicious?
You'll have to let me know the frosting secret on those cupcakes. They look like what I was aiming for with Rich's b-day. I love the Katie shakes, noticed them in primary when she gets to sing a song she likes, but are you sure these little movements are attributed to excitement and not a sugar overload this particular time? (ha ha)
We weren't allowed to bring ANYTHING sweet for Ethan's birthday -- HECK! They couldn't even have Halloween treats! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT CRAZINESS?!
She is so cute -- can't believe how big she's gotten!
Happy Birthday to sweet little Katie! Russell hung her school picture on the fridge next to his - thanks! :) Ultra cute cupcakes too! Glad she had a good day!
Amy, I'm way impressed with the cupcakes--very cute! Glad Katie had fun on her birthday!
Post a Comment