This is what time we left for the airport...that's A.M. in case you didn't notice. We flew out on Christmas Eve. We were worried about an ice storm that was supposed to be coming through but it was warm enough that it was raining on our drive to the airport and we didn't have any delays.
Natalie's first airplane ride. She took several naps and played with the bag of garbage we brought for her. Truly, I brought things like little cardboard boxes, the plastic lids to laundry detergent, shoe strings and stickers. Why pay for toys at this age when they prefer the packaging?
Getting up 3 hours early finally caught up with Annabelle.
We made it! The girls did really well on the flights but we were all ready to get there. It felt so good to walk out of the airport into the sunshine. That's Ben's sister Juliana holding Natalie. Some people think we look alike so I was just clarifying.
Ben's family was nice enough to bring 2 cars to the airport to accomodate all of us.
The girls were outside within minutes of getting to the house. I was so happy to see them running around getting fresh air. We've been cooped up at home in cold Iowa.




more to come...
4 comments:
It looked like you all had a great time! I can't beleive that Natalie is turning 1 next Tuesday! Time sure does go by fast!
When you have three girls that cute, matching is inevitable. Enjoy it while you can.
As always, you're so smart Amy. (The packaging for Natalie to play with) I think that's one of the hardest things when they're this age. I've stopped bringing little toys to church because I know Wes won't play with them. He'll play with the doorstops, or tear up the program or even the lint on my sweater before he plays with the toys we have. Good thinking on your part!
seriously, my baby got a bunch of new toys from Christmas and she crawls right past them to go to the door stopper, remote, lid to her baby crunchy cereal, old computer mouse on the floor--crazy. Michael originally got annoyed when I dressed the kids similar when we traveled or went in public places, but I told him it is nice to have everyone in the same color to easier keep track of them. He saw the logic in that.
Post a Comment