Friday, January 15, 2010

San Diego: Monster Post

Okay, forget the snippets. It's time wrap up our San Diego trip. I apologize in advance-- this is way too many pictures. Believe me, it is only a small fraction of the ones we took. I already pared it down to my favorites and it was faster to include all of these then go through and debate even more about which ones to include.
We enjoyed a chilly but pleasant picnic of In n' Out burger at a great park nearby.The park had a statue of a bunny that Annabelle loved. She kept wanting to hug it.The girls have their eyes glued to a show but still a cute shot with Grandma.


Santa has delivered this table 3 times to our house. Actually, once to our house and twice to San Deigo. Each of girls received this same table for the Christmas closest to their first birthday. I'm glad Santa doesn't mind regifting because they have all loved this toy.Even though Katie was on vacation, school wasn't far from her mind. She set up her own classroom and kept busy.This car has become a classic toy at Grandma and Grandpa's house. All the grandkids love it.Natalie is getting her first lesson in Rook. You aren't a real Clove unless you play Rook. In this case, I barely count as a Clove.Feeding the ducks: another San Diego Clove tradition. More park pictures. Do you like Katie's french fry fangs?Ben and I have lots of pictures over the years of the two of us posing somewhere with a baby in the backpack.love love love how Annabelle has her hand on her Daddy's head.We tried to get some Sunday family shots. None of them turned out perfect but hey, I've given up on perfection a long time ago.Yes, matching dresses for the girls. I think it must be a sickness. An obsession at the very least. There's just something in my mother heart that goes ga-ga over the cute factor of it all. We actually didn't get a great shot displaying the dresses but don't worry, we will definitely be doing more photo shoots in these in the future.
I love how Grandpa is trying to get Natalie to smile. Natalie fit right in with the cool California fashions. Annabelle has since hi-jacked these sunglasses and wears them to bed at night.Every time we go to San Diego, Katie and Grandma have a picnic in the back yard and use that same little green basket. Katie has been doing this probably since she was 3 or so. She got introduced to the game, SORRY, on this trip and would beg a game out of anyone that would sit down with her.Another park picture. Did I mention how good it was to see the girls running around outside?

This comfy chair was a popular hang out place for the girls.Such cuteness.Annabelle got right to work helping Grandma and Grandpa with their yard.
More of feeding the ducks.I loved seeing the girls getting fresh air outside.

This is a picture of Ben's sister Juliana when she was a little girl. When Annabelle saw this displayed at their house she thought it was a picture of herself. I can totally see why.This is Juliana all grown up. She just got accepted to dental school. Ben gave her some dental instruments and bacon flavored floss for Christmas. mmmm You know she's going to make a great dentist--just look at those gorgeous teeth!They took down a tree in their backyard while we were there. It has started to grow crooked and was growing into the other tree that they are all pointing to.
Point Loma Light House and the Tide Pools
You can't see in this picture but she is smiling in delight because her feet just got wet as a wave came in. And by wet I mean she had her socks and shoes on and she got soaked up to her calves.
And with this last photo I keep thinking of some phrase about monkeys--what is it?
I'll scratch your back, you scratch mine?
Monkey see, monkey do?
I'm not sure what I'm thinking of but it sure is a cute picture.

Thanks for the absolutely fantabulous time! We loved spending Christmas with you!!

4 comments:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

so many thoughts as I look through the pictures...wow, Ben's sister sure does resemble you! Where will she go to dental school? bacon floss sounds delicious, I may just take up flossing. Love the matching dresses, it is just too much fun to do that. And Santa regifting--wow. I just want to know how you hauled all those things TO and FROM california. thats a lot of work. Love you!

Lybi said...

I love it love it love it! These pictures are the essence of what makes families so beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Amy.

Linley said...

I'm looking at your Sunday family photo, where you say you've given up on perfection. All I can say is I do see perfection. Your Hair!

And I love your new background!

Emily said...

Wonderful post!! I love all the pictures and it looks like you had a good week! :)