Do you know what I just did?
I was filling out a form that asked for my children's birth dates. I was writing them down but then I started getting confused. I tried to think of how old they are now and how far apart they are but it all started getting mixed up in my mind. I've never been great with dates and numbers but still...this is my own children I'm talking about. I was definitely there for their births. I should remember. I got so confused that I actually went and pulled out their baby books to verify. Yes, I really did. And guess what? I had written one of the years down wrong. Pathetic. To my defense, I am tired and nothing in my brain is working very well at the moment. But still...
This seems like a good time to mention a couple of other things that get lost in my brain. Like the number 14. I can never remember how to spell it. Is it fourteen or forteen? Every time I have to write a check for $14 I get nervous and my stomach starts to churn. I try to remember my little tricks for remembering but I get confused about those too. Is it forteen like forty or fourteen like four? Aaaah! Can I just add a tip and make it $15.00?
The other thing I can never remember is how tall I am. I know. Pathetic. I'm either 5'5" or 5'6". Everytime I look at my driver's license I try to give myself a little hint to remember but just like my problem with the number 14 I get my hints mixed up. Is it 5'5" because the numbers are the same or is it 5'6" because the numbers are different? Is it 5'5" because I'm short or is it 5'6" because I'm tall? See my problem?
This reminds me of those jokes/insults we used to say as kids:
When they were passing out brains, you thought they said trains and you said, "No thanks, I don't need one."
I just thought of another one:
When they were passing out noses, you thought they said hoses and you said, "I'll take a long skinny one."
I must be loopy, these are cracking me up. Does anybody remember any others like these?
7 comments:
I forget things ALL the time, like sometimes I've momentarily thought Kiddo's birthday was his due date instead of the actual date two days later. Since my children are so smart, I just say they somehow stole most of my brain cells while in the womb.
The sayings my Mom and her brother taught me are:
"When God gave out noses, you thought he said roses, so you took a big, red one."
and
"When God gave out brains, you thought he said trains, and since you weren't going anywhere, you didn't take any."
I guess they're pretty similar to those that you said.
You crack me up. That's how I feel lately. Wanna know something about me being pregnant...well I'm clumsy..not uncommon...but what i keep doing is missing my mouth when I bring a glass to it...y'know to drink. I have missed my mouth so many times this pregnancy so far I'm just used to a wet shirt...ya I tip it too early before it gets to my mouth.
Your little tricks remind me of what I used to do to remember things for tests in college. It never worked.
I can just picture you laughing as you write these little jokes out ... I never heard those ones but they are funny.
I don't remember any of them but I just made one up. When they were handing out chins you thought they said bins and said Yes, I'd like a extra large square one.
You guys all make me feel better about my lapse of memory. Love the jokes too.
I'm dying laughing! And, I had no idea you were that tall. I thought you were maybe 5' 4". Maybe I just feel taller than I really am.
Post a Comment