Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Grade!

Blog? Blog? What blog? My goodness.
I have about 20 gazillion things I would love to blog about. Folders full of pictures just waiting to be shared. However, I told myself that I would definitely be heading to bed 3 minutes ago so I will just have to do snippets.
I will start with today and head backwards and then forwards and then probably backwards again, until I'm all caught up, which will probably be never.
Katie started first grade today. It was much calmer than the emotional buzz of starting Kindergarten last year. She was very very excited though and it was nice to already be familiar with the school and the teachers. Her first grade teacher already knew her name from seeing her around last year. So nice.She requested that I walk her to school just like I did on the first day last year. She's all about routines and little traditions like that. It's about a 5-10 minute walk each way.This is Katie and Annabelle at Katie's desk last night when we dropped off all her school supplies and met her teacher. I always think elementary school class rooms look so fun!I made our second annual Back to School Rainbow cake. And yes, it is a bit of an ordeal to put together. It seriously took me 4 hours to make plus an hour to clean up. That includes taking care of Natalie and Annabelle along the way. Ben asked if I regretted starting this tradition and I don't. I'm happy to have something fun to celebrate the start of the school year but I will definitely not be making this more than once a year.It's kind of a fun process which I didn't capture very well but here are a couple shots.
Okay, I'm 13 minutes over on my self imposed computer limit. Gotta dash. More to come.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go keeping up the rainbow cake tradition. I'm sure Katie just loves that. What a cute first grader!!

Emily said...

What a cute little first grader. :) Yeah for a fun family tradition too! I want to be around next year at the start of your school year. :)

Kristy said...

Katie looks so cute on her first day of school! And that cake looks AMAZING!!! I want to start school just so I could have that cake:)