We left plenty early to catch our flight because we didn't want to be rushed with 3 little kids. But there was literally no one waiting to go through security and we zipped through in no time at all. Love our small airport. We had about an hour or more to wait but I'd rather have that than be stressed out and running late.
Ben always catches coolest shots of things I wonder never think of taking. He stayed behind with Natalie to board at the last minute since she is such a wiggle worm. Here I am getting on with the other two. Hey, I just noticed our gate number--eleven. Some of you might know about my 11 fettish. I'll save that for another post sometime.
Here we are walking around during our short layover in Denver. We had the absolute perfect itinerary this trip. No early mornings or late nights and we love going through Denver because it's exactly half way with each flight being just under 2 hours.
We learned something about Annabelle on this trip. She gets motion sickness. She got "sick" (if you know what I mean) during 3 of our 4 descents going and coming. Poor thing. I felt so bad for her. I was SO glad to have brought extra clothes on the plane with us. I always bring an extra outfit for each girl and sometimes I wonder if it's really neccessary. I would have totally been kicking myself if I hadn't. For the way home I got smart and made up two little clean up packages with a grocery bag, wipes etc. and we used both. That might possibly be TMI. I don't know. Would I want to hear about someone else's child's vomit adventures? At least I didn't include any pictures. Not that any were taken. ok, onward.
Natalie loved these moving sidewalks.
It was the girls' bed time, Iowa time, but they perked up and jumped right into the fun once we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house. At first I started fretting as usual about bed time and the two hour time difference but I finally relaxed about it and guess what? They didn't self combust. In fact, they slept in and adjusted to the time difference right away. wow. (in my defense, we've usually had a baby with us in the past who hasn't been so quick to adjust and so I'm just in the habit of constantly thinking of what time it is back home.)




The girls always talk about how "Grandpa makes the best pancakes." Somewhere along the line he must have put chocolate chips in them because Katie kept talking about that too.

There is a park near their house that has some water fountains for the kids to play in.
The girls always talk about how "Grandpa makes the best pancakes." Somewhere along the line he must have put chocolate chips in them because Katie kept talking about that too.
There is a park near their house that has some water fountains for the kids to play in.
They loved it. Except Annabelle who wandered off to the playground nearby. I noticed on this trip that she kept doing that...wandering off on her own. 


Ben's brother moved across the street from Ben's parents earlier this year. It was fun to have cousins to play with!
The girls kept Uncle Billy's drum set primed while he is away on his mission.
Annabelle would go turn it on by herself and just start pounding away.

Katie is such a character!
Sea World.




I was going to get Katie's hair trimmed before school started so she and Grandma went on a date to have it done. She thought it was the neatest thing ever to go do something with just the two of them. She kept whispering about how they were going to get an ice cream too. She didn't want to say it out loud in case Annabelle heard and felt bad.


One night James and Ashley slept over and had a slumber party. It was Katie's first one and she was so excited about it. Annabelle hung out with them for a while and finally went and got in her own bed. This was the kids all sucked in to a show at about 10:00. Oh, the glorious fun of vacation.
James and Ashley had already started school and some mornings my older girls would go to the bus stop with them. I like this picture of all the kids lined up and Katie just wandering around.
Love this picture. So symbolic and sweet.
This is my sister-in-law Sara. She is great! We hadn't seen their family in almost three years. In that time they had one child, Ava who is now two and they are expecting baby #4.
Cousins!
Feeding the ducks.
Katie thought the ducks must be really hungry because it had been so long since she had fed them.
At first Natalie was really confused and didn't know why we were throwing perfectly good bread (although slightly dried out and freezer burned) into the water. She kept trying to eat it but she finally got the hang of it.
Natalie kept running back to get more bread. Annabelle kept running off. See, didn't I tell you?
Okay, so the ride home. The ride home wasn't quite so smooth as the ride out. Should I give you a play by play? I'll just give you the highlights:

Okay, so the ride home. The ride home wasn't quite so smooth as the ride out. Should I give you a play by play? I'll just give you the highlights:
* sat on a plane for 1.5 hours before taking off (with 3 small children)
* missed our connection so instead of a 1 hour layover we had a 4 hour layover (with 3 small children)
* finally flew out on a teeny tiny plane --1 seat, aisle, 2 seats (with 3 small children)
okay, I'll stop with that now. They actually did really really well.
Because a lap child could only be held in certain seats we ended up being spread out a bit on the plane. Katie was sitting in the row in front of me next to another lady with a lap child. I was sitting behind her holding Natalie with Annabelle next to me. Ben was back a couple rows.
During take off we hit the WORST turbulence I have ever experienced. I won't lie--I was scared and I was praying. Natalie was laughing because we were bouncing around so much. Annabelle was clinging to my arm and my poor Katie....I couldn't do anything for her. But thankfully, the nice lady that she was sitting by started talking to her. Even though she had her own wiggly toddler to manage she put the air on for Katie, offered to hold her hand, and kept talking calmly to her. I was SOOOOO grateful.
This is the bigger plane on the first leg.
In Denver. Where, oh where is our plane?
It was after midnight when we finally got home. Katie thought it was pretty neat to stay up until tomorrow. Those kinds of travels don't make me want to hop on a plane with the kids anytime soon but really, all things considered, they did fabulous. FUN TRIP!!!
It was after midnight when we finally got home. Katie thought it was pretty neat to stay up until tomorrow. Those kinds of travels don't make me want to hop on a plane with the kids anytime soon but really, all things considered, they did fabulous. FUN TRIP!!!
Okay, well was that a total travel log or what?
I'm actually going to do a separate post of our trip to the beach. There were so many pictures.
2 comments:
What a fun trip. I love all the photos. You look great by the way.
Looks like a fun trip! :)
Post a Comment