Sunday, October 10, 2010

"My roommate!!!!"

Okay, this is the post I lost a while back so let's hope Blogger will hang in there with me this time around.
My last year and a half of college I roomed with these great girls (I'm the second from the left.) We had SO much fun together. I think we must have studied a little because I did indeed graduate but truly it was a great time of life with lots of laughs and yes, some drama as well.
(The girls on either side of me are sisters, the fabulous Hix Chicks.) Over the years, some of our paths have occasionally crossed but we've never all been together again at the same time. We keep talking about it though. (We have to make up for the Spring Break that never was!) My roomie Kristen (far right, above) came to my wedding 9 years ago and we haven't seen each other since. Earlier this year we were able to say hello for literally 5 minutes when we were both in Utah but that doesn't count. That brief meeting is probably what pushed me to grab the bull by the horns (I'm trying to talk Texan here) and get myself on a plane to go see her. So, a couple of weeks ago I flew down to Texas to visit her at her home for a couple of days.

Her youngest is named Cali--thus, the cute T-shirt Kristen is wearing.
I didn't get a great family picture (she has four children) but here is her oldest giving me a tough-guy pose.


Her other daughter helped me not miss my own girls so much. She's a year younger than my Katie.

Kristen's husband was in our group of friends back at BYU so it was fun to see him again too. Kristen is doing her signature leg-up pose. She didn't want Michael to do it but he has a better smile in this picture and they look so cute together.
Okay Kristen, this one is for you, doing your pose solo.

Even though it had been nine years, I felt like we could sit around and talk just like old times. With some friends you just pick up where you left off, no matter how long it's been. Thanks for the fabuloso visit, Kristen! Let's get all of us together soon!
p.s. Kristen is an amazingly talented photographer. I love her style! Check out her website here.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I totally know that picture of you guys! Ya, when I saw Kristen and Mike and Steve and Jen when I was pregnant with Finn we just chatted it up like old times. So great. You guys are such fun mothers!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

awwwww...my roommate! it was so awesome to have you here! seriously, portland in the spring. love you!

Hal said...

You guys look like you had so much fun. Hopefully someday we can all make it at the same time. Portland in spring??? Sounds good to me.