Sunday, October 24, 2010

SOCCER!

I won't tell you how late I'm staying up to do two posts in one night. But a Sunday afternoon nap always turns me into a night owl so here we go.

Katie just finished her first season of soccer. She LOVED it!
Her team name was the Blue Jays. She had a FABULOUS coach! He was great with the kids. He had a lot of energy and pushed them to work hard but kept it very positive. We were very happy to learn that they keep kids with the same coach for the Spring session of soccer.
Katie's chance to be goalie.Annabelle and Natalie did a pretty good job of hanging out during the games although we usually ended up chasing Natalie around.Did you see that foot work? I need to call Katie's agent and talk about her contract! I'm not sure what the strategy was supposed to be (I'm not sure there is strategy in first grade soccer) but I love how Katie's teammate is in mid-air about to land on the ball.And yes, if the minivan didn't do it two years ago, this Fall officially turned me into a soccer mom.And of course the best part...snacks after every game!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Amy, you should always do your posts late at night when you're loopy--I was cracking up with this one! Katie looks so athletic and happy playing soccer. That's so cool that she's liking it so much.

Hal said...

You copied my soccer post didn't you. Just kidding. Don't you just love all the junk food the kids get after their soccer games....that was not my favorite part. She looks like she had so much fun.