Saturday, July 14, 2012

ST. LOUIS TRIP Part 3

We didn't think of this when we first started planning our trip but it worked out that we were able to visit our son's grave site exactly 10 years after he was born.  I think the Lord had a hand in that timing which I'm very grateful for.  We drove across the Mississippi into Illinois where Ben and I spent our first year of marriage.  We brought blue flowers for Abraham and pink flowers from his three sisters.


We have been so greatly blessed.

If you are familiar with the book The Christmas Box you will know the significance of this statue.  The original one is in Salt Lake City but there have been many more created including this one in Illinois.  You can learn more about it here. We received a letter a few years ago telling us about it and we were able to have a memorial brick made and placed there.


We were also able to stop by the St. Louis temple where Ben and I were married almost 11 years ago.  I'm so grateful for this beautiful place that brings peace and hope.

2 comments:

Emily said...

So happy you had a good trip! I thought about you on the 5th so was glad to see the pictures posted. What a sweet little family -- your girls are growing up so fast!! :) Love you!

kira said...

Such a sweet post! Miss you guys!