We went to Stake n' Shake while she was here. I should probably be embarrassed by this picture but if anyone has had a Frisco Melt you know this is a moment of pure delight.Monday, August 25, 2008
Grandma Clove
We were all excited to have Ben's Mom come from San Diego to visit for a week.
The girls adored the bears she brought.
She also brought some fun craft activities to do with Katie.
I got a kick out of these mints that Katie found in Grandma's purse. They have zero calories and yet Katie was willing to give up strawberry shortcake to have 4 of these for dessert. If only we were all satisfied so easily.
Grandma brought these matching aprons all the way from San Diego so she and Katie could work in the kitchen together. 


We went to Stake n' Shake while she was here. I should probably be embarrassed by this picture but if anyone has had a Frisco Melt you know this is a moment of pure delight.
Our biggest endeavor was to work on quilts for Annabelle and Katie for when they share a room in a few months. I should have snagged a picture of the cute shop downtown where we found the fabric. I never think of these things until I go to blog. We spent one day finding fabric. One day ironing and cutting.

One day laying out and starting to sew.
One more day finishing one of the quilt tops and most of the other. My sewing machine actually went caput when we had just a few more inches to go to finish the border on this one. The big outer border is the same fabric as the curtains that she made for Katie's room a while back so it will coordinate well when these quilts are in there.
Thanks for the great visit and for all your help with the quilts! We were so glad to have you come!
We went to Stake n' Shake while she was here. I should probably be embarrassed by this picture but if anyone has had a Frisco Melt you know this is a moment of pure delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Beautiful quilt! I'm impressed. Katie looks like quite the helper.
wow, nice quilt. we have a new steak and shake here, is it good? never been.
It looks like you had a very good and productive week!
Yum....Shake N Bake
Post a Comment