Monday, August 11, 2008

What will they think of next?


Ok, I will probably regret digressing to potty talk but I just could not believe these were for real. I think the text is too small to read so here is the item description:
Gotta go...get these toys!
PEE AND POO PLUSH DOLLS
These stuffed toys absolutely reek of fun. Yes, they are exactly what you think: cuddly representations of pee and poo. But potty humor aside, these cute Pee and Poo dolls can be used for educating your child about the body. Their friendly personalities and plush exterior will help your child be more comfortable with the potty training experience.
Who would spend nearly $40 on these things? Just how are they supposed to help with potty training? If your child becomes attached to these "representations" won't it be traumatic to flush the real thing? Wouldn't it be like asking them to flush their favorite teddy bear? I'm imagining some of the things I've heard in reference to a favorite stuffed animal in our house and I'm not sure how they would sound if either of these became a favorite.
"I love horsey."
"Can horsey come in the car with me?"
"I can't find horsey!"
"Horsey is my best friend."
So what's your vote: cute and clever or gross and disturbing?

3 comments:

Rachael M said...

Yeah... I'm gonna go with disturbing! Do you think kids would really play with these or just really weird adults? I can actually see my kid being scared of them!

I thought it was bad enough when we checked out Elmo's Potty Time from the library and there's this big long discussion about what different families call #1 and #2. Our little "parrot" went around babbling about "pee-pee" and "poo-poo" for quite a while.

Anonymous said...

Disturbing that adults GOT PAID to think them up. Gross that adults actually PAY for such a waste of natural resources(pun was not premeditated).

Anonymously Nancy

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I don't know, I think it's pretty clever. Leave them by the potty and they play with them when they "go". Whatever works!