But then I'd get a tummy ache.
And so instead, I'll head to bed
And dream of pumpkins in my head.
But in the morning when I wake,
I'm gonna finish off that cake.
Cuz you know what the experts say:
"You should eat pumpkin every day."
As promised, here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Cake
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups white sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. each of nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
Mix oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt together. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. (don't overmix!) Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean (mine was done after 50 minutes). Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired...I usually don't bother.
3 comments:
Looks yummy Amy! :) I might have to give it a try. I also enjoy my fair share of pumpkin recipes this time of year. So far, however, we have only made some bite-size pumpkin pies. What is your all-time favorite pumpkin recipe anyway????
I'm so behind onyour blog! I gotta go get some pumpkin...and half baked ice cream...
i'm not sure about an all-time favorite recipe. I'll have to think about that one. Could be classic pumpkin pie but I hate to commit to just one.
Post a Comment