Saturday, October 03, 2009

Mess and Mischief

It was pointed out to me that all my recent posts about Annabelle have involved some sort of mess or mischief. I decided to remedy that by posting a cute little entry about her with no mess and no mischief. But then this happened:I left her alone with the paint for 5 minutes and she transformed from cute little Annabelle to cute little bearded lady with painted hands and arms. So, while we're at it let's just keep going.

More mess. True, she is helping to clean the windows but she used practically the whole bottle of cleaner which ended up in a puddle on the window sill.

More mischief. Annabelle wanted to bake so I gave her one chocolate chip to stir in the bowl. I got called away to something else and when I returned I found that she had been helping herself to more and more chocolate chips out of the bag. She would pour them in the strainer, give them a little stir with the whisk and then put them in her mouth. "I'm baking!" she told me proudly.I'm not sure how many she ate but the chocolate ring around her mouth told me it was more than just a couple.


I will stay vigilant and look for an opportunity for a no mess-no mischief post but I'm not promising anything.

(Yes, we do put pants on her every morning. I think they must bother her because she always ends up taking them off.)

1 comment:

Brad said...

Those are cute pictures ... and what an industrious youngster!!