Monday, October 26, 2009

Watership Down

I just finished this book last week. You might not think that the adventures of rabbits would be very exciting but I loved it! It's an epic tale full of adventure. It's funny, suspenseful and very cleverly written. It even had some Christian symbolism. I closed the book feeling very satisfied that I had just read a great piece of literature.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Amy! I too love a good book and that is a good one.

Becky said...

That's so ironic--I read this in high school and LOVED it so I checked it out a few months ago to read again but I was having a hard time getting into it this time. I ended up returning it when it was due after only getting through a few chapters. I guess I had too many other distractions on my mind, I will have to try it again. Glad you liked it!

Lybi said...

I love that book! In the genre of "rabbit adventure" it is in a class by itself...literally.

Laura said...

That is one of my mom's favorite books! I don't know how I left the house without reading it, but it's on my list. :)

Anonymous said...

I listened to that book on tape and I had the same satisfying feeling you described. I still think about it periodically. The activity of sitting out in the evening sun had a special word and that word captured perfectly the way the author described it. Somehow it seemed such a natural part of life. . .

Here's to great books!
Nancy