My friend Linley (middle) and I (right) went and saw a performance by Ellen Cherry (left). She's a self promoted song writer who was doing a tour through Iowa libraries. She played guitar and piano and of course sang and I LOVED it. We were able to chat with her afterwards and she expressed how she can't stop writing and performing. It's her way of reaching out and connecting with other human beings. She certainly connected with us. I was so inspired I went home and wrote a song about it. (see below) Her performance and our conversation afterwards also propelled me into an amazing experience that I might not have otherwise had.
(See August 2013 post for further details on that). Here's one of my favorite songs. Another is "Pickett's Charge" if you care to look it up. She got a degree in history and some of her songs are about historical events including the sinking of the Titanic.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment