Monday, January 27, 2014

October 2013

Happy Halloween from Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, and Tiger Lily.

In October, we had missionaries move in with us.  We wondered how it would work out sharing our busy home with them and it has worked out GREAT!  They are happy, helpful, loving and all around FANTABULOUS!  We all love having them in our home.

A proud parenting moment when I realized Katie had book marked the page where Harriet the Spy lists all her spy gear.  I probably read this book 10 times as a kid.  It's great when you see your children enjoying something you loved when you were their age.
 
I've always wanted to donate my hair.  It seems so cool to give away a part of yourself to help someone else.  Kind of like an organ donation but much less invasive.  I realized that if I didn't hurry up and do it my hair might turn gray and the opportunity would be gone. My hair was quite short when I decided to grow it out and it took three years to reach this length.  My the time it got that long I was very ready to chop it off.  It was hard to manage and wasn't looking great.   It was pretty dry and frizzy.
 
I love having healthy hair again!  Katie and I had planned to donate together at the same time but she was ready for the chop this past summer and I still needed to get a bit more length.  Even so, it was fun to grow it out together. 

It's not a kidney but hopefully someone will appreciate it.

No comments: