Saturday, January 25, 2014

August 2013

Squeezing in as much fun as we can before summer ends.



 
The voice of reason told me it was too far, too long and too crazy of an idea.
The voice of adventure told me to throw caution to the wind and just go for it.
So, after much debate and with the support of a very encouraging husband I went to a week long guitar camp in Washington State.
Verdict:  No regrets!

Such a great experience.
I busted out of my comfort zone and had a blast connecting with other music lovers.
Part of my concern in going to camp was that I am pretty much a beginner on the guitar.  I've puttered over the years but never made much progress.  Everyone was very accepting and encouraging and there were plenty of other beginners.

In addition to the music aspect of camp I thoroughly enjoyed the setting. 
I took a walk around the lake every day.




Later in August, Ben and Katie headed in the opposite direction to Newport, Rhode Island for his sister, Juliana's graduation from Officer Training School.  Like Ben, she joined the military after dental school.  She went Navy and Ben was Air Force for four years before going into private practice.
 
Summer is over...first day of school!

Natalie is going to pre-school this year.  She loves it!!

No comments: