Saturday, February 08, 2014

November 2013: More Family & Friends

After the funeral in San Diego, we went to Utah where Ben's Dad was buried.  We didn't have a lot of extra time but we managed to squeeze in a few short visits while we were there.

We stopped by to meet the family of Sister Matley, one of the missionaries staying with us.  We have gotten really attached to the sister missionaries so it was a treat to see her family.  I think they enjoyed meeting us since their daughter is living with us and we had fun sharing some of the day to day details of our experience with the missionaries.  They were so nice to feed us dinner which we were not expecting at all.

We actually did not tell Sister Matley that we would be visiting her family.  Mostly because I didn't think of it until we were en route.  Since we were heading to California first I wasn't really thinking about Utah.  I was giddy with excitement to send her surprise pictures of us with her family in her home.  I e-mailed them to her before we got back from our trip and she told us later that she actually screamed out loud when she saw them, she was so surprised!  So fun!
 
We also saw my brother Kevin and his wife Stephanie along with their three little girls.  My brother, Neil, was also there. (Side note: we got back to Iowa the day before Thanksgiving and my sister Becky and her family were in town so my girls who rarely get to see their cousins saw all their cousins on both sides of the family in less than a week.)

Playing with cousin Maddie.

Our friend Morelia in her alteration shop.

My college roomie and long time bestie, Hali.  Each of us have three girls.

No comments: