Ben ran the Dam to Dam 20K (12 miles) in Des Moines two years ago and yesterday he did it again....way to go! In fact, the last time he ran I wrote about it in my very first blog post ever. Click here and scroll to the bottom to see. I've run it twice before myself (2000, 2001) and we have a goal to someday run it together. Probably when the little ones aren't so little.
This was the only picture I got of him running. It was so bright that I couldn't see anything in the view screen so I just pushed the button and hoped I got something while trying to wave and yell to him at the same time.
This was a drill team across the street from where we were standing. They seriously went non-stop for 2 hours.
Although she's still awake here Annabelle fell asleep to the deafening drum cadences while we were waiting.
Katie had fun waiting for Ben to run by. It was like a carnival atmosphere with all the people and music. There was tons of free food after the run and Ben was nice enough to share with us: BBQ sandwiches, popsicles, popcorn, fruit, gatorade. They also had free food the night before at the packet pick up: icecream, sub sandwiches, gatorade. It was the most food I've ever seen at a race.
Katie shows off her tattoo she got at the race.

This was the only picture I got of him running. It was so bright that I couldn't see anything in the view screen so I just pushed the button and hoped I got something while trying to wave and yell to him at the same time.
2 comments:
That is so awesome!! Horray for both of you for being able to run that race!!
Good for you, Ben!
Katie looks pretty tough in her tattoo photo.
Post a Comment