Sunday, June 22, 2008

water water water

"The rains came down and the floods came up...."

I'm sure you have all seen some very impressive photos and footage of the Iowa flooding on the news but here's a few from our local area. Our town basically had just this one street flood that is right next to the river. Extensive flooding nearby cut off several main roads and kept people from getting in and out of town. (Two of Ben's staff haven't been able to get in to work for a week.)

These next two pictures are from Iowa City (about 45 minutes away from us). My family lived there for ten years and that is where Ben and I met so it was very strange to see our old stomping grounds under water. My sister still lives there and was fortunately not affected. Someone sent us these photos--we haven't been up there since the flooding.These next few pictures are ones that Ben took about 10 minutes out of town.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I'm so happy your house isn't flooded. I guess all the flooding is going to make food go up in price. Well we're used to expensive food here.