Sunday, June 08, 2008

My Talented Bro

I've been meaning to blog this for a looooong time but I was always put off because I never had any pictures of this table ( i know, i know, just go take some...sure it sounds easy but we all put off things forever that would take us about 30 seconds to do). I mentioned this little dilemma to Ben tonight and before i could say "cheeeese" he had out his camera and flash and filter and tripod and all kinds of little photo doo-hickies. Silly me, I should have known that all I had to say was, "I need a picture of...." Anyway, I am apparently in a long-winded mood tonight so we will see how this goes. My brother Kevin *made*...yes, designed, built, and painted this art table and stool for Katie for Christmas. (See, i told you I've been meaning to blog this for a while.) She loves it and I often find her there making a note for someone or drawing a picture of herself or some other artsy project. There is a roll of paper attached on the right side that comes across the top of the table and Katie knows how to cut off her project when she's done. Sometimes it gets a little backed up as you can see by the pile of paper on the left. I was totally blown away by Kevin's talent in making this. I knew he fiddled around with building things but this is one cool table. So THANK YOU again Kevin for this one-of-a-kind handmade classic piece of furniture. Sorry it has taken me six months to blog about it....it has literally been sitting on my to-do list for that long.
This is the only recent photo I have of Kevin....builder extraordinaire.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute Table!! I can see Katie spending lots of time creating masterpieces here!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, that is fantastic! i love that stool, so cute! i love hearing about the stories katie is writing there:)

Rachael M said...

That is so cool!

Oh, I just noticed you have a Very Hungry Caterpillar picture on the wall. W would be soooooo jealous. He loves that book.