I really was
not in the mood to make cake balls this year even though I was
really into them last year. However, I was trying to clean out my pantry and I had a bunch of the dipping chocolate to use up so I finally just went for it.
1) Take a lovely fresh baked cake right out of the oven.


2) Crumble it into a bowl and mash it up into small crumbs (that part is kind of fun). You mix those crumbs with a tub of frosting and chill the concoction.

3) Then you roll it into balls and put those in the freezer to set up.

4) Then you dip the balls and add sprinkles if you want.

5) Walah!

I had some left over almond bark so I mixed it with a couple of cereals...it actually turned out pretty yummy.

Can anyone help me with this expiration date? Is it just me or do those numbers make no sense at all??
4 comments:
My guess would be August 19, 2009.
Just a guess though. And I love the costumes! Your kids really are adorable.
Canadian...who knows? I made these so many times last year, I've taken a break. But my first attempt was Tyler's birthday and luckily AFTER his bday treat at school he said, "Next year, I want you to bring those balls like you did last year." So i have a year to mentally prepare for it. I like your Halloween colors!
I have got to try these!! I had never heard of them before your post last year. How do you get them to come out so smooth after dipping? They look yummy! :)
Definitely expired . . . bring them all to us, we'll "dispose" of them for you. :) It just makes me laugh, because I'm obsessed with expiration dates, I check it on everything I buy. It can make you crazy.
Post a Comment