Saturday, March 21, 2009

Choose Your Battles

Appropriate seasonal hair accesories is not worth a screaming fit before church, or anytime really. Hey, I was just saying how proud of myself I was for finally getting the girls in green for St. Patrick's Day. How can I be upset that Annabelle wanted to wear a pumpkin barrette to church in the spring? She's just ahead of the game. In fact, she'd better wear it now because there's a good chance it won't happen when October finally rolls around. Besides, I was able to sneak in the pink bow so I felt it was a happy compromise.
Oh, did you think by "battles" I was making reference to the lovely little mark on Annabelle's forehead? She had the misfortune of crossing paths with a rather cranky plant stand.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Too cute! This is the first time I have seem Annabelle's little girl teeth too. What a cutie pie!

Kristy said...

I love your blog Amy! You have a great sense of humor and way of looking at all the little things that happen in life that could drive moms crazy if we let them. Annabelle is adorable.

Becky said...

I love this photo! And yeah, the bow practically covers the pumpkin anyway.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats funny. i might have tried to sneak it out.

Sara said...

I love it!! : ) I like the compromise too!! : ) Ashley likes to wear matching plastic beaded necklaces and bracelets to church. Even though she never fidgets or plays with them, I used to want to try to coax her out of it. But I realized it was her way of really dressing up for church and "looking her Sunday best". (!!) Oh, well!! Kudos to you for "picking your battles" and I'm sorry Annabelle had that run in with the cranky plant stand!! You are so funny!!