Annabelle turned two this week. I can hardly believe it! She is our sweetie pie. She is such a cute gentle girl. She is our snuggle bug and always wants hugs. Even as a baby she would crawl over and lay her head on my feet or a pillow or anything soft on the ground. She loves babies and baby dolls. She always has hugs and kisses for her baby sister as well. She walks around smiling all the time and is generally happy and cheerful. She is fairly quick to warm up to other people and it delights me to see her connect and bond with her grandparents, aunties, and other special people in her life.
She ended up with a banana theme this year for her birthday. Here she is with a banana flavored cake on her actual birthday.



All done!

She really enjoyed opening her presents. It's always fun when they are old enough to know what is going on.
Here she is at breakfast...pancakes and a juice box. She asked for her typical bowl of oatmeal afterwards.

The next day my Mom and sister Emily came to visit. They brought a banana shaped cake that my Dad made for the birthday girl.


Auntie Emily brought a real banana for our little monkey. Hello? hello?

The day before Annabelle's birthday we went to the Dollar Store and Katie wanted to pick out a card for Annabelle so I let her. It wasn't until after we got home that I read the inside.


oops!
Happy Birthday Annabelle!
We love you!
8 comments:
: ) -- I love the card! : )
And I LOVE all the pictures of Annabelle. She is such a cutie pie!! I'm amazed at how much she's grown! I can't believe she's 2 already!! Happy Birthday from us!! I think it's so awesome that your dad makes cakes on birthdays! And I'm so glad you're able to be so close to Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Emily. --So does Annabelle really have oatmeal for breakfast?? : ) She is an amazing little girl!! Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Annabelle! I hope you got the voice message I left on your cell phone--I really spaced it on the card this year! Hearing all about Annabelle makes me want to come play with her! We're really planning on coming out this summer so she better not grow up too much between now and then!
I love the cake your dad made! happy birthday, cute girl (so funny about the card). Your sister sure takes a liking to you.
What a pretty 2-year old! It looks like she had a happy birthday too - I hope so! She is growing up so fast! I guess I expect her to still be small like she was a year-and-a-half ago when I saw her. :) Fun birthday pictures!
I just wrote a post about my two-year-old's birthday. I didn't describe her as terrific though. I used the terrible word. Now I feel guilty.
Your daughter looks a lot like you in that pict.
She is totally your mini-me. So dang CUTE!!! I remember that you were pregnant with Annabelle when we left. Crazy how time flies!! And now you have another one!!
no worries julienne, we definitely have our share of "terrible" moments.
All those pictures are just priceless. It looks like a great birthday. And the card is too funny! And it will make for a better story as they grow up together than if she had picked out a girl card! :)
Post a Comment