Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patty's

Well, I did it! I got the girls in appropriately colored t-shirts for a holiday! That was about the extent of our celebration.

We didn't end up making the Pistachio pudding I got because Katie was not interested.

We didn't end up doing a little rainbow scavenger hunt that I had thought about putting together (the pot of gold was going to be popcorn that they could watch with a movie) because...i was tired?....I was not feeling as creative as when I first had the idea?... I was distracted all day organizing Katie's art pit...I mean art table?....anyway, it just didn't happen.


After breakfast Katie got dressed in her green shirt and asked me when we were going. "Going where?" I asked. "To get pinched!" I could just imagine in her mind that everybody gathers together on March 17th and runs around pinching people who aren't in green. :)

8 comments:

Emily said...

Isn't it cute how kids can think of things that we take for granted! That is too cute about getting pinched! I was like you and did not do much beyond the green shirt thing! I do like your pot of gold with a movie though! :)

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Ok sorry! The above comment was by me! I left out a word and tried to edit but now I know you can't edit!! And I also now know what the little 'trash can' icon is!! I'm sorry, I'm blog challenged sometimes!! --OK!! Down to business!! I LOVE your post!! Annabelle and Katie look so cute!! Way to go on the shirts!! --And I love your ideas for celebrating the day!! You are awesome!! --And creative!! My favorite part is about going out to get pinched!!! : ) It's amazing how little minds put things together!! : ) She's such a cutie pie!!

Sara said...

Oh! P.S. I think I've told you before but I really LOVE your blog background!! Your blog always looks so great!! --My very favorite parts are the pictures and the way you write!! You're a GREAT blogger!!

Jones Crew said...

Hey, atleast you took a picture! I got my girls green shirts the day before and sent them out the door to school. The boys, well I accidently dressed 2 of the 3 in green. Me, I am just lucky if I kind find anything to wear right now:-)

Rachael M said...

Oh, I am the worst at celebrating holidays, so your girls probably aren't nearly as "deprived" of such things as William is! :) I put him in a green shirt, and wrote "Happy St. Patrick's Day" and drew a clover and rainbow/pot of gold with sidewalk chalk.

I love the Katie story. Your girls are such cuties.

Becky said...

That's so funny what Katie said. I made cake balls but the green frosting blended into the brown chocolate cake and the green mint chips did the same with the chocolate almond bark--but they sure tasted good!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

we got to pinch michael, who chose not to wear green that day. matching shirts are fun!